top of page

Arrest FINALLY Made in Death Investigation of Quawan "Bobby" Charles.

If you've been following the case of Quawan "Bobby" Charles then you'll know that the details, FROM THE JUMP, have always pointed to something more than what was being told. Charles left his father's home on October 30, 2020 to go and hang out with a 17-year-old friend. Charles , 15, hadn't gotten permission to leave with the friend and his mother, so when his father returned home to find Charles missing, he panicked.

Charles' parents went to the police to file a missing person's report but were told that their son was most likely at a football game and would return later. No report was filed that day and, just four days later the 15-year-old boy was found dead, completely nude, in a sugarcane field.

According to the toxicology report, Charles had alcohol, THC, and metabolites in his system. The autopsy stated that Charles had no external injuries, aside from animals and insects who bit off portions of the boy’s face. There were no bruises, abrasions, or broken bones, the autopsy stated.

Charles' family went to view his body and what they saw was gruesome and, VERY reminiscent of Emmett Till's post-mortem photos. The family insisted that the police arrest the mother of Charles' friend who was the last adult to see their son alive. No arrest was made at the time, and shortly after Charles' body was found, the 17-year-old and his mother, Janet Irvin, packed up and moved.

Although the media coverage of Charles' death died down, the family's fight for justice remained in full swing and now, there is a glimmer of hope.

The Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Office has arrested Janet Irvin in an investigation into the death of Quawan ‘Bobby’ Charles.

According to Ronald Haley, the attorney representing the Charles family, Irvin faces charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and failure to report a missing child.

At the time of the initial investigation Irvin said that she admits she "should have called the cops" when Charles left her home alone.

Although this is a start in the right direction for justice, this is just the beginning. This child did not have to die and someone needs to be held accountable for that.

Irvin is currently being held in custody of the Iberia Parrish police department. She has no bond.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags