top of page

Registered Sex Offender, and ONLY Suspect, Charged for the Murder of 10-Year-Old Breasia Terrell.

The entire country was watching their children a little more closely when 10-year-old Breasia Terrell was reported missing last July. Breasia was last seen July 10, 2020 at the home of Henry Earl Dinkins. Dinkins, a registered sex offender, the father of her half brother. Dinkins was a person of interest from the very beginning but authorities has to follow proper protocol. In the meantime, Dinkins was being held in prison, on unrelated charges.

The community continued to search for Breasia in hopes that she would be found alive. The search went on for eight months until her remains were found, in a body of water, in late March of this year.

Now, Dinkins has been charged with has been charged with first-degree murder and first-degree kidnapping.

According to arrest affidavits released Tuesday, Dinkins on or about July 10 removed and confined Terrell from an apartment in the 2700 block of 53rd Street “with premeditation, malice aforethought, and intent to kill,” and fatally shot her.

Dinkins has been in custody since July 10 on unrelated sex offender registry violation charges.

Look at the timeline of events from the night Breasia went missing:


According to an affidavit by Davenport police in support of the search warrants:

On July 10, Davenport police received a 911 call about a missing child in the 2700 block of East 53rd Street.

Police spoke with Dinkins who said Terrell, whom he referred to as his stepdaughter, was missing when he woke up.

Dinkins said the girl has never run away and has never been in trouble.

Officers also spoke with Dinkins’ girlfriend, who said she fell asleep between 11 p.m. and midnight on July 10. She said Dinkins was on the couch in the living room, she was in the living room and the kids were in a bedroom sleeping on the only bed in the home.

She said she woke up around 3 a.m. July 10 and found Breasia and Dinkins both gone from the home. She said she tried to call Dinkins, but he left his phone in the apartment.

Dinkins’ girlfriend said she texted him around 7:17 a.m. asking where he was. She said he was home after that and that he picked up his phone and left again, saying he was going to look for Terrell.

Dinkins’ phone records revealed that his girlfriend tried to call him at 3:11 a.m. and 3:12 a.m. His phone appeared to be off when the calls were made.

The records also show Dinkins girlfriend tried to call him again at 5:55 a.m. and the call duration showed it to be 40 seconds.

The records also show an ongoing call to the girlfriend lasting 10 seconds at 6:01 a.m. She tried to call him again at 7:12 a.m. and 7:15 a.m., but it appeared Dinkins’ phone was off during the calls.

On July 14, Dinkins’ girlfriend reached out to detectives and asked to speak with them. She said had put his phone on a phone charger around 3 a.m., which she had not disclosed before.

She denied trying to call him, despite the phone records indicating she had. She also said she had seen Dinkins at 3 a.m. on July 10, prior to him leaving again. She also said she saw a girl believed to be Terrell standing outside by Dinkins’ red Impala.

Dinkins cell phone was tracked to Clinton, where he was seen on video at a local Walmart at 7:04 a.m. buying two bottles of bleach.

He was then tracked back to Davenport, where went to his trailer on Schmidt Road around 8:20 a.m., according to the affidavit.

We want all parents to take a good look at this situation and reevaluate the company you keep and who you allow to watch your children.

This baby did not have to die!

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
SSIY Skyscraper.jpg
bottom of page