top of page

Ohio Woman Abducts Twins then Leaves One Child Strapped in His Carseat in an Airport Parking Lot!

The entire state of Ohio is on high alert after a woman stole a car with two babies in the backseat. The children's mother left them in her running car while she picked up a pizza in an area of Columbus, Ohio referred to as the "Short North". Witnesses say that when the mother walked into the store a woman, identified as Nalah Jackson, walked out and got into the car!

Kason and Kyair Thomas, five-month-old twins, were in the backseat of that car described as a black Honda Accord with front end damage. Columbus Division of Police Chief Elaine Bryant said during the press conference that Jackson was a homeless woman inside the store and identified by Donatos workers. Jackson left when the mother walked up to the store and before officers got to the scene at 9:52 p.m. Early the next morning one of the babies was found, strapped in his carseat, in the parking lot of the Dayton airport.

Mike Etter, Dayton Chief of Public Safety and Security Coordinator, shared more details about how Kyair was found. A traveler walking around 4:15 a.m. in the economy parking lot heard a baby crying and then found him in a car seat wrapped in a quilt. The traveler called 911, and police arrived to hold Kyair and search the area for Kason.

Kason was no where to be found and hasn't been seen in the area. Now, new developments in the case are shedding some light on Jackson's checkered, and violent, past with the police.

Jackson has two children of her own and has been embroiled in court cases surrounding their custody since 2018, according to Franklin County Municipal Court records sent to NBC4. In her most recent case, from Oct. 30, Jackson believed a woman was keeping her son away from her. She proceeded to call and threaten the woman and her husband, according to an affidavit.

“If you think you are going to steal my son and take him anywhere, I’m going to kill you and I mean that,” Jackson said in a voicemail message listed in the case.

Jackson saw charges of aggravated menacing and harassment stemming from that case, but court records showed it as unfinished. A judge at the last update scheduled a pretrial hearing for Jan. 9.

Her first case in 2018, however, saw the mother convicted on charges of domestic violence and criminal mischief. Those charges were brought forward in place of dismissed charges including assault and child endangerment.

Jackson had been accused of the latter charges after she brought her infant daughter to Nationwide Children’s Hospital for a fractured tibia. Jackson said her daughter fell from a bed, but doctors concluded that couldn’t have been the cause, and that it was already in stages of healing. When hospital staff informed her of this, records said Jackson left with her daughter and refused any more treatment for the girl’s injury.

While Jackson’s 2018 case saw no child endangerment conviction, another case later in June 2021 did. Court records stated that officers went to a home on a report of a medical emergency, where they found her daughter alone. Officers tried and could not get Jackson to answer the door, and firefighters had to come to breach it to get inside.

The emergency crews said Jackson did not talk with any of them until they found her in the home’s bedroom. Jackson pleaded guilty to a single charge of child endangerment and was convicted in September of that year.

A separate September 2021 case saw Jackson attempt to take her two children away during a supervised visitation at the National Youth Advocacy Center. She told staff that she was walking outside with her kids to pick up a food delivery, but then grabbed both kids and ran away, according to a case affidavit.

The staff members followed Jackson for several blocks away from the center before she tried to get in someone’s car and leave with them. The affidavit said when the workers warned the driver that he would be violating the law, he made Jackson and the children get out. Jackson was charged with two counts of interference with custody in that case, but a judge dismissed both in January 2022.

According to Columbus Police Deputy Chief Smith Weir, investigators interviewed a former boyfriend of Jackson’s and checked hotels and apartment complexes through the Interstate 70 and Interstate 75 corridor, but still have not found the baby, the suspect, or the Accord.

While police released few details of the investigation, they did issue another plea for anyone who knows anything, no matter how inconsequential it may seem, to contact the authorities.

“If you have information you think can be helpful in helping us either locate Kason Thomas, locate Nalah Jackson, or even the vehicle, we want that information,” said Columbus Chief of Police Elaine Bryant.

This appears to be a completely random abduction and no possible motive has been discovered. However, with her past legal troubles, the public is in a frenzy trying to find this baby and bring him home for Christmas.

The family and the public are searching diligently for Kason Thomas and praying for his safe return. If you, or anyone you know, has ANY information on Jackson or little Kason Thomas please call the Franklin County Special Victims Bureau tip line at 614-645-4266. The division also asked anyone who sees Kason, the suspect, or the car to call 911 immediately.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
SSIY Skyscraper.jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 8.42.29 PM.png
bottom of page