More Details Emerge in Indiana Family Massacre. "He Shot Them!" Teen Survivor Accuses His Brother.

Just a few days ago we reported the horrific story of an Indianapolis teen who murdered six of his family members. Now, more details have emerged and one lone family member is blessed to be alive to tell of it. Newly released information from the Indianapolis police say that the teen that they found shot at the first location was a DIFFERENT child and NOT the shooter. The boy, a 15-year-old brother of the accused, was found shot in the 3300 block of East 36th Street, just around the corner from the family home. The young boy said that he narrowly escaped with his life.

According to the boy's statement, he reportedly told police that his older brother had been reprimanded by his father for leaving the home without permission, and the son was told the issue would be resolved later, but that the teen disagreed.

It was then, the boy said, that while he was downstairs in the home with his parents, they heard gunfire upstairs and his sister yelling, “He shot them,” followed by the sound of more gunshots.

The teen said then his brother, “came down the stairs with a draco gun, a handgun that shoots rifle rounds, and started shooting.”

The boy said he ran out the side door of the home, his brother pursuing him and firing away, which would account for the four gunshots neighbors told FOX59 they heard." The boy said that his brother was the sole gunman.

Later on Sunday, as neighbors and family members gathered outside of the family's home, investigators say that family members were questioning them as to where the two missing children were. They were searching for the 15-year-old, who was in the hospital, and the 17-year-old who was unaccounted for.

Several hours later, thanks to a tip from a neighbor, the police were able to arrest the older brother and charge him with the murders of his parents Kezzie and Raymond Childs, both 42, their 18-year-old son, Elijah, and 13-year-old daughter, Rita, and 19-year-old Kiara Hawkins, who died along with her near-full term unborn son.

The 17-year-old boy is likely to be charged as an adult in this case.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts