top of page

Man Arrested for Brutal Death of a Toddler After a Police Chase that Ended in a Fiery Crash!

Police in Belton, Texas say a suspect, wanted in connection for the brutal death of a child, has been arrested after a chase that ended in a fiery crash.

Jay Isiah Allen, 33, reportedly called three of his relatives Saturday morning and said that he'd "made a mistake". Allen told the women to meet him at a truck stop where they say he told them he'd left the body of a little boy in a wooded area. The women, who say they are related to the child, went to look for him but didn't find him.

They then went back to the truck stop and picked up Allen, forcing him to show them where the child was. When they came upon the body of three-year-old Quintavious Trejo face down "in the brush" one of them said she was calling the police. Allen panicked, ran back to their car and took off, leaving the women in the woods.

That relative did call the police and informed them of the child's death and that Allen had taken their car. Police say that when they secured the scene the child had obvious signs of trauma to his chest and face.

Belton Police issued a Be on the Lookout alert for Allen Saturday afternoon. Officials say Hillsboro Police officers spotted him on I-35 around the 367 mile marker and say Allen gave chase.

Eventually, Allen lost control of the vehicle he was driving and crashed at I-35 North and FM 67 North of Itasca. According to the Hill County Sheriff, the vehicle immediately erupted in flames and Allen was trapped. They say officers and deputies fought through the flames to pull him to safety.

The women, who are related to Allen and the child, said that Allen had been making phones calls the night before and that day about how he messed up badly,” the arrest affidavit claims.

According to the affidavit, Allen said that after he hit the toddler, he left him with other children, who later told him Trejo was “acting funny in his sleep and making noises.” Allen said the boy “appeared to be having a nightmare,” with his legs “moving as though he were running from something.”

Allen said he rubbed the boy’s back and they both fell asleep. He later woke up and saw Trejo wasn’t breathing, so he performed CPR and called his relatives. Then he grabbed the boy and ran out of the house.

“Allen claims he fell while running and dropped the victim and then just left him there and kept running,” according to the affidavit.

Allen has admitted to striking the child initially while changing his diaper because he was crying. When asked how hard he possibly hit him, Allen replied "hard enough to break some ribs" but denied hitting the child in the face.

This isn't Allen's first run in with the law for a violent crime. According to KWTX, Allen was involved in at least four domestic incidents involving police in the last year, most recently a report filed on August 14 on behalf of his wife. KXXV said his criminal record goes back at least until 2007 and that he was charged with capital murder in 2008. He eventually pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder and was sentenced to six years in prison.

Allen is charged with capital murder and tampering with evidence.

This child didn't have to die. Prayers for this heartbroken family.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
SSIY Skyscraper.jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 8.42.29 PM.png
bottom of page