Baby Overdosed on Meth from Her Mother's Breastmilk!

A two-month-old baby in Indiana has died and her mother is reportedly to blame. Authorities say the baby apparently died from a methamphetamine overdose. Meth, they say, that was ingested from her mother's breastmilk.

 

Via PIX11:

 

"According to court documents, Ashlee Rans, 36, called 911 on December 19, 2019 and said she had rolled over onto her 2 -month-old, Nevaeh, while she was sleeping.

 

After a full autopsy and toxicology report was received by the coroner's office in January 2020, Nevaeh's death was determined to be a homicide. The official report showed the infant had died from acute methamphetamine intoxication. The toxicology report shows that at the time of her death, the baby had both amphetamine and methamphetamine in her system."

 

Rans initially admitted to smoking weed according to court documents filed on January 15th. It was only after Nevaeh's autopsy report came back that Rans admitted to smoking methamphetamine. Rans said that she purchased the drug two days before her daughter died and that she knew if would be harmful to her baby because she was breastfeeding. 

 

Rans said that she hadn't used the drug while she was pregnant and was adamant about the fact that she'd only began using drugs two weeks after Nevaeh was born.

 

Rans is now charged with neglect of a dependent resulting in death. She faces between 20 and 40 years in prison if convicted.

 

Tags:

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Featured Posts

Black Owned Beauty Supply Stores!

July 11, 2020

1/10
Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Archive
Please reload

Search By Tags