top of page

More Details in Missing Child Case out of Texas. Authorities say Maleah Davis "Had Been Sick&qu

Maleah Davis is still missing and as more details emerge, the public fears even more for her safety. An Amber Alert was issued Sunday for Maleah after she was abducted Friday evening. Why the delay? Well, there's an interesting story for that. Maleah had been traveling with her stepfather and little brother to pick her mother up from the airport.

The trio never made it.

According to earlier reports Maleah's stepfather, Darion Vence, 26, said that they stopped along the route when he heard a popping sound and thought he'd blown a tire. He says that three Hispanic men pulled up and one of them said 'Maleah looks very nice, looks very sweet,' before the second man knocked Vence over the head, Sgt Mark Holbrook of the Houston Police Department's Homicide Division said during a press conference.

Vence told police he was in and out of consciousness but at some point he woke up in the back of the blue pickup truck with Maleah and his son as the Hispanic men were driving.

According to police, Vence remained unconscious for nearly 24 hours before fully waking up around 6pm on Saturday on Highway 6 and realizing that Maleah was gone.

Vence then walked to the Houston Methodist at 11pm Saturday where he received treatment and reported Maleah missing.

A photo released by police show Vence suffering from an injury on his forehead.

Police said they were able to look at the license plate of the vehicle that Vence was driving, which belonged to Maleah's mother.

Photos displayed at the media briefing showed the victim's stolen car, a silver 2011 Nissan Altima.

Police said the car was seen on a traffic camera near Highway 59 & State Highway 6 in Sugar Land around 3pm on Saturday.

Sgt Holbrook said Sunday: 'I realize there's a lot blanks in the story, but we are hoping the public can help fill in the blanks.'

The car last being seen around 3pm doesn't necessarily make Vence's story look good. He claims he stopped the car and the abduction happened after 9pm. As of this moment, there has been no motive for the kidnapping and theories continue to swirl.

"Holbrook also said that Maleah had had multiple brain surgeries.

Her most recent surgery was in late March, early April, Holbrook said.

The surgeries were to help an injury heal, Holbrook said, adding that 'she's needed a lot of care'.

'This week she was sick too,' he added.

Maleah Davis was last seen wearing a pink bow in her hair, a light blue zip jacket and gray/white/pink sneakers.

Maleah is described as an African-American female with black hair and brown eyes. She stands 3 feet tall and weighing 30 to 40 pounds.

Investigators are also interviewing family members.

Anyone with information on Maleah's whereabouts is urged to contact HPD Homicide at 713-308-3600 or at 713-222-TIPS.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
SSIY Skyscraper.jpg
Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 8.42.29 PM.png
bottom of page